LineStopping is a mechanical method of forming a temporary isolation in a live main, where some flow exists and thus cannot be frozen, or a total shutdown is not an option.
APS’ line stopping services has the added advantage that a bypass can be installed so as to maintain flow, thus negating the need for a shut down or major disruption to services. LineStopping/Stopping can be used on most common pipeline materials such as Steel, Cast Iron, Ductile Iron, Copper, Stainless steels, Plastics and Cement Asbestos.
Line Stopping Method?
One or more bespoke fittings are either welded or clamped on to the pipeline, to which temporary isolation valves are fitted. The pipe is Under Pressure drilled as required, and then the line stopping equipment is installed. If a bypass is required it will be set up during the installation of the LineStop and proved prior to the flow in the main being stopped.
On completion of the work the equipment is removed and the bespoke fittings are plugged, and a secondary cap fitted for increased integrity.
Common Applications for Line Stopping services include:
Common Equipment / Materials Serviced:
Common Pipeline Mediums:
The Benefits of Line Stopping and Bypassing
- Services maintained with little or no disruption
- Little or no loss of harmful liquids or gases
- Ingress of contamination drastically reduced
- No drain down or backfilling time
- Ideal for isolating sections of ring mains
- Can be applied to a large range of Liquids, Gasses and Compressed AirSuited for Fire protection, Sprinkler systems and Hydrants etc.
- Suited for Fire protection, Sprinkler systems and Hydrants